Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mothers on Bullying

It's been pretty hectic these past few days; but this post has been on my mind for some time.
We've started M.O.B. Mothers on Bullying, our way of addressing bullying in the community. The purpose is to change not only one person, but one family at a time. We're addressing the children, and the parents. Empowering kids by letting them now it's ok to be themselves;that they don't have to be like anyone else in this world. Addressing the parents, letting them know positiveness begins in the home, as does bullying.

I was about 20 years old when I had this done. It meant the world to me then, and still does now. When I am in doubt about handling a curve ball, this gives me strength. It does not take away from my family, my friends, or my sweetheart. But it does serve to remind me that I am a strong, positive, intelligent woman who can make it on her own. No one can take that from me...and no one can take that from them.   








3 comments:

  1. I am a 22 year old college student doing a senior project on bullying, so I had to click your link from PYHO. I am definitely going to check out moms against bullying and hopefully include y'all in my research! Love your tattoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tattoo!! It's true, positiveness does begin in the home and we are role models to our kids.


    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So important to start in the home.

    ReplyDelete